Monday, April 10, 2006

Are you praying for your wife?







I know that my wife needs her husband (uh, that would be me!) to be praying for her, but I have struggled to know what to pray for her. A few months ago I was in Lemstone Bookstore and saw a simple little bookmark style card that had some cool ideas for how to pray for our wives. Here's a few:

Lord, I lift my wife to You today and pray, according to Your Word, that:
  • she will know Your will for her life, please You in all repects and bearing fruit in every good work
  • her physical health will be strong and her stamina high
  • You will release her from worry and guilt over things she is not responsible for or in control of
  • her agenda and tasks today would go smoothly and that she would accomplish much
  • a godly mentor would come into her life
  • she will not gossip or keep company with those who do
  • You will give her discernment and wisdom and protect her from those who would deceive her

I challenge you (men) to pray for your wife every single day and even use this as a guideline. Let me know how it goes!

The same goes for you husbands: Be good husbands to your wives. Honor them, delight in them. As women they lack some of your advantages. But in the new life of God’s grace, you’re equals. Treat your wives, then, as equals so your prayers don’t run aground. 1 Peter 3:7 The Message

No comments: