Monday, April 09, 2007

Rejected?

When the new pastor of our last church shocked me with the news that I would have to be on my way I felt more rejected in that moment (and betrayed too!) than I could ever remember.

Rejection hurts. The wife whose husband abandons her for a "newer" model. The man who faithfully serves his company for years only to be downsized. The child who is neglected by their parents. The woman whose second husband walks out. The 40 year old single who deeply longs for a mate to share his/her life with.

Yesterday I spoke with a divorcee who has been deeply wounded. I also spoke with a "downsized" chemical engineer. Their pain was evident on their faces as they tried to celebrate Easter. "Happy Easter" wasn't very happy for them.

If this is you, take heart. Do you know what the Bible says about Jesus?

He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrow and familiar with grief. Isaiah 53:3 NIV
In fact, many of God's people were rejected as well. Think of the disciples, the prophets, and Moses to name a few.

You see, I can kinda understand. I sent resume #63 to New Covenant Bible Church. Man, I was rejected by some really fine churches before God brought us here to an incredible church! I am thankful that my trust was in God to get us through a very difficult and dark period of our lives.

If you are feeling rejected today you are in good company with Jesus. Take your cares to him in prayer and allow him to heal you and make you complete in him because you already are! Tye out.

Others were tortured...Some faced jeers and flogging, while still others were chained and put in prison. They were stoned; they were sawed in two; they were put to death by the sword. They went about in sheepskins and goatskins, destitute, persecuted and mistreated - the world was not worthy of them. These were all commended for their faith...God had planned something better for us so that only togetherwith us would they be made perfect. Selected from Hebrews 11:35-40 NIV

2 comments:

Professor Howdy said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.
Hope you'll come back - maybe
even place it in your "favorites"!
Tell me sometime if you think
my humor is good...

I like your blog - bet you
have lots of online friends...

Professor Howdy said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.
Hope you'll come back - maybe
even place it in your "favorites"!
Tell me sometime if you think
my humor is good...

I like your blog - bet you
have lots of online friends...