Thursday, December 21, 2006

Email Interruptions

I don't know about you, but I am very easily distracted so today I took the advice of the guys over at Pastor Hacks and I turned off the dinger thing in Outlook because every time it goes off I spend a few seconds looking at who might have emailed me. That isn't really the problem though. You see, my problem is the amount of time it takes me to get focused again. Yikes!

But when I went to disable the dinger thingee it wasn't that easy. So I called on my trusty MS Office Assistant - I like the dog version - and found out how to turn the dinger off:

1. On the Tools menu, click Options.

2. Click E-mail Options, and then click Advanced E-mail Options.

3. Do one or more of the following:

a.
Display a desktop alert when messages arrive
b.
Play a sound when messages arrive
c. Change the mouse cursor when messages arrive

There you go! I hope this helps you be even more productive, especially since we are so close the Christmas break! Tye out.

No comments: