Thursday, May 28, 2009

A right perspective

I just finished readying Job (sounds like "lobe") this morning and one phrase struck me:

Job answered God,: "I'm convinced: You can do anything and everything. Nothing and no one can upset your plans. You asked, 'Who is this muddying the water, ignorantly confusing the issue, second-guessing my purposes?' I admit it. I was the one. I babbled on about things far beyond me, made small talk about wonders way over my head." Job 42: 1-3 The Message

I have to say every day, "I'm convinced God. You can do anything and everything." In my early years of ministry I had an answer for everything. I would go toe-to-toe with people about deep theological issues spouting and pontificating, babbling and muddying the waters. Not so much any more. I've come to the conclusion that there are some things I will never know or understand.

One thing is certain though: God can do anything and everything. My fear is that I don't live as if I believe this is true. I've got some room for growth especially in this area. Tye out.

No comments: