Here is my message for this Sunday. Feel free to comment!
Pastor Tye Male We Believe #4 October 11, 2009
Jesus Christ, Who Cares
Philippians 2:5-8; Hebrews 4:14-16
- The Son of God – His Deity (Philippians 2:5)
Jesus was fully God before the incarnation and after.
- Present in Creation (Genesis 1:1; John 1:3)
- Possesses the attributes of deity
- Claimed to be God (John 8:58)
·Lord, Liar, Lunatic
- The Son of Man – His Humanity (Philippians 2:6-8)
Jesus was as much God as if He were not man, and as much man as if He were not God.
- He became a servant
- He willingly emptied Himself (2:6)
·He chose to “empty Himself”
·He did it obediently to provide man’s redemption (2:8)
·His divine attributes were still present
- He became flesh
- Because of the incarnation, we have an empathetic High Priest (Hebrews 4:14-16)
- He understands and empathizes
·Jesus was tested
- We can approach God confidently
·It is a place of grace
·We receive mercy because of Jesus’ sacrifice
·There is grace to help in our time of need.
Jesus is the Son of God and He cares for me!
Post a Comment