Monday, July 04, 2011

Tye's Time Out

"You'll need to stay off your bike for at least a week." ~Doctor

After a 50 mile bike ride on Wednesday it seems I have developed a little infection that puts me off the bike for a week. Up here in the cruel north we get around 17 weeks of outdoor bike riding a year and now I'm down one. bummer.

Although I have been bummed about this, I realize that there are no mistakes in God's plan for my life and right now his plan is that I would not be riding. Here are some of the benefits of this "time out:"

1. Getting caught up on reading.
2. "Honey do" list is shrinking
3. Rest for weary muscles (I have averaged close to 200 miles a week for four weeks)
4. Time with the family.

September is closing in and time is running out. That's ok. I am trusting that God has this all under control and that his plan is best.

Tye out.

No comments: