Sunday, July 02, 2006

ARGH!!!! Stopped up sink!



















Kevin the Drain Medic

Thursday night I came home to water on the kitchen floor and a plunger in the sink. Yup, the kitchen sink and and dishwasher was backed up with smelly water. Since it was already 11pm we decided to go to bed and work on it in the morning.

Next morning, I borrowed a POWER snake (guys care about this stuff) from an undisclosed friend (otherwise you would all call him next time you need one!) and went to snaking out the drain. Short version: It didn't work and the schedule 40 pvc pipe I cut needed to be rejoined - bummer.

(Enter Drain Medic) Kevin, the Drain Medic, came over after I called him up and he brought in a power snake, a BIG power snake. AND, he said it was his smaller one! I love power! He went right to work. He went downstairs and started snaking the drain at the clean out and hit the blockage pretty quick. Back upstairs and he tightened my connections under the sink and we were back in business!

Thanks to Kevin, the Drain Medic!

No comments: