Friday, January 20, 2006

Serving up the love of God one breakfast plate at a time!

















(L-R) Matt, Henry Davison (founder), me, Mark

I've been here in CR now almost 7 months and I finally made my way down to the HD Youth Center founded by Henry Davison about 7 years ago. Monday through Friday volunteers start arriving at 5:30am to prepare a delicious breakfast for ANYONE who stops in FREE of charge. They don't have to hear a sermon first, pay a dime, nothing! They just walk right in, PLACE THEIR ORDER (I'm blown away!) and then they sit down. The volunteers then get right to work fixing their eggs - just the way they like them - and then they are served at their tables, no tipping allowed.

God up in heaven must be smiling from ear to ear. If you love me, feed my sheep. Thanks to the vision of Henry Davidson and the partnership with NCBC that makes this possible. Take a minute and pray for them and the many volunteers (NCBC serves on Wed. morning and Thursday afternoon).

“Then those ‘sheep’ are going to say, ‘Master, what are you talking about? When did we ever see you hungry and feed you, thirsty and give you a drink? And when did we ever see you sick or in prison and come to you?’ Then the King will say, ‘I’m telling the solemn truth: Whenever you did one of these things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was me—you did it to me.’ Matt. 25 The Message

No comments: