Friday, March 17, 2006

Kiss me! I'm Irish! (well, not really)

Alright, I'm not Irish. But I deeply value kissing, so if you see me today, I'll take a kiss (on the cheek of course!) Anyways, what's the big deal with St. Patrick's day? Some people really get into the act of things but not me. Sure, I'll wear green today and usually I'll eat corned beef, cabbage and those little red potatoes. But Cedar Rapids only has one place to get the traditional dinner and that is the Irish Democrat and you can imagine how long the wait will be today!

The kids are going to our churches annual Shamrock Around the Clock all night event. In fact, I'm going to be one of the drivers for the event as we go out all over CR looking for the 7 elves and the leprechaun. The best part (as always) will be eating the pizza (green of course).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard that eating so much green die can have an adverse effect on the body... I wonder how long the body takes to process that much green dye...hmmm...just a thought.