Monday, April 26, 2010

Lifestyle Change

Back in February I had a physical that revealed high cholesterol. HIGH. Well, the good doctor put me on Zocar and I put me on 10 pounds and became lethargic. Not good for me.

Two weeks ago I quit taking the Zocar and I am doing some things that will help me become more "heart healthy." Here are some of the changes I have made:

What I am doing:

1. Carrot juice from a juicer - someone gave me a Jack Lalane juicer. My goal is 3-4x a week.

2. Flax seed - bought the powder kind at Sam's Club and stir it into my cereal or oatmeal. Goal - 7 days a week.

3. Oatmeal - Plain and simple. Goal - 4-5x a week.

4. Salmon - Frozen fillets are easy to bake. Goal 2-3x a week.

Tomorrow I will share some of the things I will NOT be doing.

Tye out.

No comments: