Friday, August 03, 2007

Happy Anniversary Judy!!!

Today my wife and I are celebrating our 22nd anniversary, although we actually had the celebration part Wed-Thu in Walnut Creek, Ohio. See previous post.

As I look back over our 22 years together there have been some really cool times and some really difficult times. We were married while still in College - not the best idea! But I was looking at six years of school to get a four year degree - i rn't tu smart - and waiting another four years didn't seem like the right thing to do.
In our early days of marriage I was very self-serving and much of the difficulty was because of this. Years later I would take Eph 5:25 seriously and begin loving my wife unconditionally.

Husbands, love your wives just as Christ loved the church and gave himself for her..
.. Ephesians 5:25 (NET Bible)

I am most certainly not the husband I want to be, but by God's grace and with his strength I am trying to become the servant-leader, loving husband my wife needs from me.

Happy 22nd sweetheart! I love you so much and thank God for you daily! Tye out.

Husbands, in the same way, treat your wives with consideration as the weaker partners and show them honor as fellow heirs of the grace of life. In this way nothing will hinder your prayers.
1 Peter 3:7 (NET Bible)

No comments: