Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Where is the world is Tye?

I am currently in a very busy season of life! (understatement of the century!) This is the first time in years that I can remember being this busy. So, here's a quick update on what is going on in the life of Tye Male.


This weekend started Thursday night with band practice for the church worship band. I was on keyboards (Hammond XK-3) and wound up playing some tenor sax as well. I love it when the band is rockin' and God is being glorified at the same time.
Friday night I played lead alto on the D. Anthony Swing Street Express in Iowa City at the Old Brick. About 100 dancers came out to do that cool ballroom dancer thing and the band was hot - yes it's true. I thoroughly enjoyed myself!
Saturday morning was Men's Ministry leadership meeting and then Leadership Community with our leaders at NCBC. There were around 100 in attendance. I played in the worship band for LC.

Sunday morning started at 7 AM at the church for sound check and then four services, three in the morning and one in the evening. The band was cooking and God was being glorified! (a great combo!) Click here to listen. In between services I spent time with folks at our Impact table where we are signing up HOSTS and participants for our fall small group launch. We are praying for 100 groups!!!

Yesterday was a busy day getting ready for HOST Orientation this Sunday and also some last minute details on the Tailgate Party for the men tonight.
We are remodeling the basement and I spent all total about 8 hours on that last week, and will be down there tomorrow night, and then tiling the bathroom on Saturday. The drywall is almost done and then we will begin the taping process. I have to order a new window and get that here so we can finish the bedroom.
Whew! It's all good, just a lot. Once the basement project is completed I will be able to take a breath again. That will be a relief! Just in time for hunting season! Tye out.

No comments: