Monday, March 31, 2008

Facing a crisis?

The past few years have brought their fair share of challenges to my life. In fact, for a while it seemed like one crisis after the next, up to and including being asked to leave the church we faithfully served through and unbelievably trying time for no apparent reason. Our faith and our family was rocked by these events.

In this insightful article put out by crosswalk.com that I really enjoyed. Here's an excerpt:

He said something like this: “Lord, I know you love me. I know you love my wife. I just ask You to take care of her in Jesus’ name. Amen.” That was it. I couldn’t believe it! I was expecting to be a part of an all night prayer meeting.

I couldn’t work it out… at least not immediately. But it eventually dawned on me that he had a lot more faith than I did. My friend prayed about it, put it in God’s hands, and there was nothing else he could do.

Instead of panicking, he handled it with supernatural peace. Click here to read the entire article.

I have had times when I do very well with this and times when I fail miserably. The reality is that God is in full control and we should trust him completely. It's all in your perspective.

Tye out.

Daniel answered and said, “Blessed be the name of God forever and ever, for wisdom and might are His. And He changes the seasons, He removes kings and raises up kings, He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding” (Daniel 2:20-21)

No comments: