Saturday, August 09, 2008

Back in the saddle, and then onto the pavement - ouch
















I love bike riding and this year has not been a good year for riding. Combine the fact that the weather was bad in April and May, and then the flood hit and I worked 152 hours in two weeks and then wound up in Juarez, Mexico on a missions trip my bike riding has been at an all time low.

Everyone in the family had stuff going on today so I decided to head out for a nice long day in the saddle. I headed north to Center Point and then west towards Palo. I stopped by Pleasant Creek Lake for a ride around the lake and on the way back out I was climbing a steep hill (on the road) when I jerked on the handlebars and to my surprise my 46 year old rear end and left arm were the next thing to make a horrible impact on the road. The bike did a wheelie over backwards and right onto my butt. I survived, but I'm already getting sore.

I headed downtown CR were I was again impressed with the need to do something with flood relief even though I don't know what. I rode by the Flyin' Wienie and saw John and Sandy Herder. I enjoyed a creme soda there and sat in the rain just hanging out. (see pic)

I managed to get over 50 miles riding done and it felt good to me back in the saddle again. Tye out.

No comments: