Friday, August 08, 2008

Leadership Summit - Craig Groeschel of Lifechurch.tv











Craig Groeschel of Lifechurch.tv has taken the stage. His topic is: "It" Here are some of the take aways. Some churches/ministries/organizations have "it" and some do not have "it."

Ministries that have "it":

1. Are laser focused.
What are you doing that you need to stop doing.

2. See opportunities where others see obstacles.
What is God trying to show us through our greatest limitation?

3. They are willing to fail when those without “it” tend to play it safe.
What has God called you to do you are afraid to attempt? When are you going to do it!

4. They are led by people that have "it."
If you don't have it, what are you going to do until you get it?

Craig confessed that at one point he had become a fulltime pastor and a partime follower of Christ. Let God break your heart. Let God get you back to where you have "it."

I am afraid that I have lost "it." It has been a difficult 5 years and the last year has been exceptionally hard and in the process of trying to survive I am afraid I have lost "it."

Create for me a pure heart, O God!
Renew a resolute spirit within me! Do not reject me! Do not take your Holy Spirit away from me! Let me again experience the joy of your deliverance Sustain me by giving me the desire to obey! Psalm 51:10-12 NET

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this summary. I'm reading Craig Groeschel’s book "It: How Churches and Leaders Can Get It and Keep It." The illusive "it" is what attracts people and makes ministries effective. Craig says "it" can't be taught, but "it" can be caught. God gives "it." "It" has a lot to do with the Holy Spirit. Churches that have "it" are incredibly focused, willing to fail, led by people who have "it," and those people see potential when others see problems. Craig says "the spark of passion ignites the fuel for innovation." And he says "it" follows big vision. God makes "it" happen. "It" is from him, by him, and for his glory. You may want to watch brief videos about the book's message at http://www.zondervan.com/it and http://floatingaxhead.com/2008/08/11/the-power-of-it/