Friday, August 08, 2008

Leadership Summit - Willow Creek Worship Band










True confession. I look forward to the worship music at Leadership Summit as much as I do the leadership talks and this year the band was hotter than ever! It never ceases to amaze me at how free I feel to worship God when the band is really good. And they did not do any new music. Most of the songs have been written in the last ten years and I knew every one of the songs. It seemed strange to hear them do "Famous One, "Agnus Dei" and "How Great is Our God."

Thanks to Willow for setting the pace as we seek to reach out to our individual cultures in a way that is relevant and honoring to God. Tye out.

P.S. If anyone reads this from Willow Creek, I would like to volunteer to play saxes with the worship band. email me: tye.male@yahoo.com

No comments: