Thursday, August 07, 2008

Leadership Summit











I have already been challenged in a number of areas of my life. Upon entering the worship center at Lutheran Church of Hope in Des Moines I was immediately touched by God's presence as I listened to Willow's incredible house band lead us in worship. I love to hear excellent musicians performing excellently for the glory of God.

Bill Hybels' opening talk dealt with the steps a leader takes to make the high impact decisions that leaders must make. He also talked about many leadership axioms. He was honest, transparent, and even apologetic for past mistakes. I love hearing Bill talk because I can soooo identify with him.

I have been challenged about my personal devotional life, which has not been up to par for some time. I have to be more intentional in my devo life. I have also been guilty of not dreaming big and taking risks like I once did.

The conference has already been worth the trip to Des Moines. Tye out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous.. is that ok?