Sunday, January 04, 2009

John & KellyTravolta's grief

I have been absorbed in home projects this weekend and failed to notice that the John Travolta and Kelly Preston had suffered the tragic loss of their 16 year old son. You can read about here, or just do a Google search.

I can't begin to imagine what it would be like to lose a child to death and one such as this. The grief that they are experiencing must be intense and difficult to say the least. What do you say to someone to encourage them in times like this?

I'm not sure what I would say if I did not believe that there is a God with a plan and purpose for every single one of us. God, our Creator, knows what is best in our lives and also knows how best to encourage and bring some kind of sense to such a tragic event.

When you put your faith and confidence in Jesus Christ alone he fuses your life with meaning, purpose, and value. I feel bad for people who either refuse to trust God or have never heard the message in a relevant way.

If you believe in prayer I encourage you to say a prayer for the Travolta's, their family, and friends. If you don't believe in God or prayer, I'm not sure what you are supposed to do. Tye out.

Now we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers and sisters, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve like the rest who have no hope. 1 Thessalonians 4:13 NET

No comments: