Monday, March 26, 2007

Happiness is Skyline Chili - Cincinnati's Finest!

You all know by now that although I was raised in the Cincy area. I'm not much of a Red's or Bengal's fan, nor do I really care too much about Ohio State Buckeyes sports teams. But there are a few things I do love about Ohio and one of them is called Skyline Chili.

I always get the same thing every time I go: a 3 way and a cheese coney (with or without onions depended on whether or not I anticipate kissing in the evening!). Now, those of you who are not from Cincy (or where you can find Skyline) are saying "what the heck is a 3 way?" Simple. It's a layer of spaghetti noodles, Skyline Chili, and then topped by a huge pile of cheese. And, it comes in an oval dish, not square or round.

And what about a "coney"? Welp, a coney is a hot dog, bun, Skyline Chili, and topped with that magnificent cheese. Mustard and onions are optional.

I was fortunate enough to have visited Skyline two times while in Cincinnati. Both times it was a 3 way and cheese coney. When we lived in Cleveland I was able to go from time to time, so now whenever we get back to Cincy you can count on me showing up at Skyline! Yum! Tye out.

No comments: