Monday, March 12, 2007

I committed the unpardonable sin of laptop users

I committed the unpardonable sin of laptop users last week. (no, that is not the reason I have not been blogging - just real busy) I was meeting with someone at my windowed office (Panera) and my coffee cup was sitting to the right of my laptop computer as usual. Well, I reached across the table and when I did I spilled my coffee onto my computer, and the table, and me, and the floor. YIKES!!!

Well, needless to say, I have amended my "sinful" ways. No, I have not rejected having a beverage while I work - that would be a crime. : ) Now, I have a lid firmly attached to my coffee cup just in case. And, if you sit down with me, I will invite you to have a lid on your beverage too! (thanks Doug for obliging me!)

You're probably wondering how my laptop is doing. As soon as the incident occurred, I turned the computer upside-down and "drained it." I then got it turned off.

I went into the office to have Austin look at it. He started it right up and it was fine. He had the keyboard replaced just in case. The good news is, the keyboards are sealed - good idea. Tye out.

No comments: