Monday, September 01, 2008

Getting high on a Labor Day Weekend - in an AirCam















This morning I headed out the Cedar Rapids Airport (CID) where I met Ed Wischmeyer who graciously offered me a ride in his open cockpit AirCam. I think we flew for around an hour and it was awesome. You can click on the pic for a slideshow. The reason I am all bundled up is Ed had warned me that it would be cold once airborn, but it wasn't! It was actually quite pleasant. I posted a short video of our take off. The AirCam takes off in about 7 seconds.

Also, I spent a few minutes with Randy Hartman of Alpha Omega Aircrafters and you can see him in the last pic or two.

1 comment:

John C said...

dude . . . there's no WAY you'd get me up in that! (well, I'm not sure I'd fit in the thing to begin with!) I wonder if I strapped a couple box fans on the back of my bike if I could do the same thing? *grin* Seriously, looks like fun. Great pics! Thanks for sharin'!

- John Carlson