Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Friends in Cleveland










me, Judy, Julie, and Dave

Saturday we (me, Judy, Allyson, and Mackenzie) left Cedar Rapids for Cleveland and arrived here in the evening, but not before stopping off at our fave ice cream shop Honey Hut. I had my fave chocolate chocolate chip and chocolate peanut butter. Judy enjoyed the mint chocolate chip. Andrew could not come due to work and Morgan is on her 7-8th grade trip. As always, you can click on the pic for a slide show of some pics. Enjoy!

We are staying at the Christopher's house and it is like a resort. We have our own room and bathroom and since they have 6 kids still living at home we made slight dent into their lifestyle. Also, they just put in a pool so I have been out at poolside a lot!

Sunday afternoon I was able to go bike riding with Dan Gibson and then Sunday night Bill and Barb Cunningham came over and we spent the evening grilling and enjoying some great time together. We dropped Allyson off at the Lanasa's house and we'll get her Thursday. Have a nice time sweetie!

Monday morning and afternoon Judy spent the day with a friend going through a terrible divorce. Then in the evening we went to see dear friends, the Cerveny's. It was great time reconnecting and seeing how much the kids have grown. And of course there was coffee, cherry cobbler, and ice cream just like we used to do!

Today I spent some time reading the word and catching up, then some blogging. I'm going to head on out and get some rays this afternoon. Tye out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You read the book, Simple Church, this year? Currently, the elders, pastors, and support staff here at my church are reading it as we pursuing to clarify our vision and our assimilation process. How did you like the book?