Sunday, July 01, 2007

Two concerts on Saturday

Yesterday was a rare day for me. I played in two different bands in two concerts.

The first concert was a benefit for Makayla's Miracle, a little girl who has cancer. I played with the Christian band 3 Days (named for the number of days the band actually practiced prior to our first gig) at 4 PM outdoors under the hot sun - but for a worthy cause!

Then I headed home to change for a wedding reception the D Anthony Big Band was playing at 7 PM for a former member of the band, Chris Hodge. It was a good gig and Chris even sat in and played a set. I enjoy playing big band music, but I have to confess that the dance music gets old fast. You can have the waltzes, foxtrots, and tangos. Nonetheless, it was a fun time and the crowd seemed to enjoy the music.

The only thing about this gig is we played for 4 hours. Man, I'm toast. So today is a day of rest and relaxation. Tye out.

No comments: