Sunday, July 01, 2007

Hanging drywall with a drywall lift

CIMG5604

Tuesday morning 60 sheets of drywall were delivered from Menard's and placed in our basement which means I've got my work cut out for me! Click here for slideshow of delivery.

You can click on the pic for a slideshow of the work.

Roger Ouverson and Larry Smith came over and helped me for about 4 hours. We managed to hang 12 sheets of 10 foot drywall and nearly finished the ceilings of the family room and bedroom. I rented a drywall lift from Home Depot (I love that place!!!) and it made a very diffcult job much, much easier. Click here to see some more pics.

The second tool that made life simple was a RotoZip saw. Instead of having to precut the openings for the lights, we just used this cool little tool.

It was a good morning and I am really happy about the progress. Thanks Roger and Larry for all your help! Tye out.

No comments: