Monday, April 07, 2008

The weekend in review

It was a great weekend weather-wise and I was able to get out and ride my bike 33 miles on Friday and 24 on Saturday. It was awesome getting back out on the road! Also, Friday Judy and I was able to spend some great quality time together.

Saturday night I played a band job with the New Venue Big Band in Burlington Iowa and it was a fantastic concert. The only thing was that we left around 5 PM and didn't return until around 2 AM but the pay was good and we had a nice time chatting during the car ride.

Sunday morning I was the campus pastor at the Washington High School site and also played in our brassline. Things went well and I thank the Lord for what he is doing there at our "fifth service."

I left Washington High School pretty quick to make a 12:30 meeting with a group of men I had invited to help us form a ministry called S.W.A.T. (Service with a Tool). We had around 15 men show up to here the vision for this exciting new ministry and we had a lot of great interaction and discussion. We are off to a good start and I can't wait to see how God is going to bring this together.

All in all it was a great weekend.

No comments: