Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Missing God?

Don't miss God today. He's right there in every situation of your life. Someone has a successful surgery and we say, "God was faithful." Yet, had the surgery been unsuccessful, God is STILL faithful. God is faithful no matter what. And, he's always with us who believe on him and are his children, in the good times and bad.

But, do we realize this? I am guilty of NOT seeking God in EVERY area of my life. This morning I woke up at 5am to get ready for a Bible study at 6:30am and I said to God, "I can't do this. Only with your help will I succeed today." WOW! That was liberating!

Furthermore, even though God is there all the time, often our hearts and minds are not zoned in on that fact. Check out what Jeremiah tells Israel:

"When you come looking for me, you'll find me. Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed." Jer 29:13-4 The Message

He's right there. Invite God to be part of your daily routine, every aspect of your life, and he will! How have you invited him into your life today?

How can we sum this up? All those people who didn’t seem interested in what God was doing actually embraced what God was doing as he straightened out their lives. And Israel, who seemed so interested in reading and talking about what God was doing, missed it. How could they miss it? Because instead of trusting God, they took over. They were absorbed in what they themselves were doing. They were so absorbed in their “God projects” that they didn’t notice God right in front of them, like a huge rock in the middle of the road. And so they stumbled into him and went sprawling. Isaiah (again!) gives us the metaphor for pulling this together: “Careful! I’ve put a huge stone on the road to Mount Zion, a stone you can’t get around. But the stone is me! If you’re looking for me, you’ll find me on the way, not in the way.” Romans 9:30-33 The Message

No comments: