Wednesday, September 12, 2007

9/11

Yesterday was a sad day for me. I very clearly remember sitting in my office when one of the admin's came in to tell me that an airplane had hit the World Trade Center. I didn't think too much of it because it is a tall building and the potential of a small airplane hitting it would be rather high if the pilot was having trouble. That was not the case.

I was then standing in my pastor's office watching CNN when the 2nd plane drove into the other tower. In that moment I knew our world had changed and would never, ever be the same.

Then at 10 AM I stood before 44 ninth and tenth grade students in Bible class (I was an adjunct teacher) and told them what had happened and I said these words:

The world, as we know it, will never be the same.

It's true. Air travel is WAY different. Men and women have lost their lives in an attempt to stop those evil people who wreaked havoc on thousands and thousands of innocent people. And the threat of another act of terror is always looming.

Then there were the brave firefighters, rescue people, and normal people who arose to the occasion to help others who never returned to their families.

Alan Jackson performed a song he wrote just for the occasion. Click here to watch it.

We know that there will never be peace until the Prince of Peace, Jesus Christ returns to the planet and sets everything right.

21:1 Then1 I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and earth had ceased to exist,2 and the sea existed no more. 21:2 And I saw the holy city – the new Jerusalem – descending out of heaven from God, made ready like a bride adorned for her husband. 21:3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying: “Look! The residence3 of God is among human beings.4 He5 will live among them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them.6 21:4 He7 will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death will not exist any more – or mourning, or crying, or pain, for the former things have ceased to exist." Revelation 21 NET Bible


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Tye. It's good to know that others still remember... And I can't tell you how much I needed to read those verses today!