Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Labor Day was for laboring

Yesterday was Labor Day for us here in the United States and at my house it was labor day all day long. We are trying to get our basement remodeled and thanks to Larry Smith who met me at Menard's at 8:30 AM we were able to get the drywall we needed to finish up and some other odds and ends.

By 9 PM last night I had finished the family room and now we only have about 8 more sheets to hang. This Saturday we are laying tile in the bathroom.

I did manage to spend a little time with the fam cooking out on the grill and then later a bike ride with kk.

Maybe next Labor Day we can have a picnic and not do so much work. In the meantime, I thank God for the work he has given me at New Covenant Bible Church and for a day to catch up on the remodeling. Tye out.

No comments: