Friday, September 28, 2007

Willow Creek Small Groups Conference








Me and Rob at Willow Creek


Greetings from Chicago! Rob Williams and I are here in a suburb of the windy city sitting at a Starbucks enjoying a fine frappuccino. We are attending The Ancient/Future Small Groups Conference at Willow Creek Community Church. The conference has been excellent and once again my thinking has been challenged in a number of areas. I had a chance to chat with Bill Donahue and Russ Robinson again. I went to a break out session with Joe Myers (The Search to Belong) and had my community paradigm realigned. I really enjoyed interacting with Joe.

As I stand on the precipice of the launch of nearly 60 Impact groups at NCBC, I am reminded that people have a God-given inclination for community. And people connect in community in many ways, not just small groups.

Finally, I love Willow Creek's music. O MY! They do such an awesome job of leading us to the throne of God in worship. Their use of visual technology really added to the experience. That’s it for now. Tye out.

2 comments:

Thomas said...

Have fun at Willow Creek, dude! It's a great place. I look forward to hearing a report at the next staff meeting you can make.

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for inviting me, I had a great time at the conference and getting to know you better. I can't wait until next year.