Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I need to be me



I am now 46 years old and have spent my life trying to figure out who I am and feel that I can say with some level of confidence that I have come to some conclusions on this subject:

I am a child of God: He chose me, called me, and saved me. Nothing I do can ever separate me from his love.

I am a husband: may I learn how to love and serve my wife for the rest of my days

I am a father: may I be there for my children and parent them according to their needs, not mine.

I am a pastor: may I never turn back from this calling and serve him faithfully the rest of my life.

I am an implementer/refiner: this means I will never start my own church. I will probably never be the "senior" pastor. I will probably never have my name ascribed to some great work. I am completely ok with this - well most of the time.

Who are you? Whose are you? Tye out.

1 comment:

Ryan Rediger said...

Congratulations on figuring this out and writing it down. My vision is to be a God-fearing man, loving husband, caring father, effective leader, and an inspiration to others through my commitment to excellence and integrity in all aspects of my life. It's always good to know there are others out there fighting the good fight.