Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Painting the basement, self appraisal, thanksgiving eve service













Larry prepares the sprayer to paint the basement


I am writing from home again. This time Mackenzie does not have school and Judy does, so I am working from home. It was a busy and fulfilling weekend at home and church.

Saturday morning - I facilitated Basic Leadership Training for small group leaders and had a great time welcoming 4 new small group leaders to our current network of over 40.

Saturday afternoon and evening - Larry and I spray painted the basement with primer, then we sprayed the ceilings. Wow, that went fast and the sprayer did a great job. Thanks Larry!

Sunday - I spoke in Starting Point (our newcomers ABF). We had the Welcome Lunch right after church and the food and fellowship was great. It was nice getting to LuAnn and her daughter Becky who sat at our table. Sunday night I met with one of our ABFs to do some coaching.

Monday - I worked on my self appraisal. This is how we do annual reviews at NCBC. It is an intense 10 or so page document that helps me review the past year and see how I met any goals I had set and how well I had helped accomplish the mission of New Covenant Bible church.

Tonight I have a wake to attend and then tomorrow night I am leading the Thanksgiving Eve service.

Busy weekend and week. I am heading downstairs to start painting the color on the walls of the basement. I hope to finish sometime this weekend, get the doors hung, have the carpet installed, and get the inspections done. I better go! Time's a wasting! Tye out.

No comments: