Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Tears at the Country Music Awards (CMA)

I'm sitting here watching the Country Music Awards after a long day at the office and the second act I caught was Kellie Pickler, and it was no "act" at all. It was absolutely obvious that as she sang the song she became more and more emotional as it went on.

I, for one, love it when an artist/performer allows their natural emotions to flow out of their performance. Kellie did just that because by the end of the song the tears were just flowing down her cheeks and upon conclusion of the song she literally doubled over with emotion. (Loretta: it's true. I still love sappy female vocalists)

You see, this 21 year old American Idol Finalist was nowhere a year and a half ago. Tonight she performed on the CMA show. Something tells me she still feels privileged to be there, not entitled.

Brad Paisley wept as he received his award. He thanked his wife, Kimberly Williams-Paisley (she is still beautiful), band, crew, and God. He seemed truly thankful.

Kenny Chesney - entertainer of the year. He said that he can't believe that he gets to do what he does every year - performing. Very humble speech.

I love country music. Tonight I was partly reminded why. Tye out.

1 comment:

Kim Pagel said...

Tye, I cry just at the thought of country music!