Thursday, January 03, 2008

Iowa Caucuses

(Warning: This is a political blog post. If you will be irked by this, stop reading now. Consider yourself warned.)

I have heard about the caucuses since probably government class in middle school but now that we live in Iowa that's about all you hear this time of the year! Caucus for Hillary, Caucus for Obama, Caucus for Mitt Romney. It gets old after a while.

It is during the caucuses that the next presidential nominee will be selected for both parties.

I had every intention of going tonight, but I have brass line rehearsal at the church. hmmm.

OK, you're probably wondering who I would "caucus for," aren't you. If I could go tonight I would be caucusing for Mike Huckabee. I believe he has character, integrity, and a plan to help keep America free. I also like his idea of getting rid of the IRS. (there is no need for a link to the IRS - they will come looking for you!) I'm not sure how you do that, but I would be ALL FOR IT!

BTW, be careful about voting for people who are offering "hope" and "helping a fractured nation." No human can do that. Also, be careful about voting for the person who is offering everyone free stuff and at the same time "pulling for the middle, working class." They are wrong. You and I (the middle class) will have to pay for all their free stuff in higher taxes.

I'm caucusing for Mike Huckabee...if I could go tonight. Tye out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should go. It's very interesting. You can go cast your vote and when that parts over you can leave. The GOP platform stuff can be time consuming, but you don't have to stay for that.
BTW, no men's frat at my house Wednesday night The 9th. I encouraged all my men to attend the Mariott celebration.
Praying for you and the leadership daily. Joe