Thursday, January 10, 2008

Yogi Berra quote of the week













Here's a lengthy quote from a speech Yogi gave in 1996:

"I am ... happy to speak my words at the university graduation. A lot of people have been quoting me ever since I came to play for the Yankees in 1946. But, as I once said, I really didn't say everything I said. So now it's my turn. I want to give some of my famous advice to the graduates. First, never give up, because it ain't over 'til it's over. Second, during the years ahead, when you come to the fork in the road, take it. Third, don't always follow the crowd, because nobody goes there any more. It's too crowded. Fourth, stay alert. You can observe a lot by watching. Fifth, and last, remember that whatever you do in life, 90 percent of it is half mental. In closing, I want to quote myself again: Thank you, Montclair State University, for making this day necessary."
(Excerpts from Yogi Berra's commencement speech as delivered to the Class of 1996, Montclair State University.)

(Note: I get all my Yogi quotes from a website. Click here to see it.) Tye out.

No comments: