Sunday, January 20, 2008

Update on the basement project: We moved Andrew in yesterday!!!










Back in October 2006 we started remodeling the basement to add an extra bedroom and bath to our then new home and yesterday Andrew moved into his new domain! It was a great day as we put finishing touches on everything and moved his furniture.

I have put together slide shows of each area so you can see what the process looked like. Here they are:

Friends who helped (not everyone is pictured)
Stairs
Hall
Bathroom
Bedroom
Family/Rec Room (I'll have more pics when this area is cleaned up)

It sure feels good to be able to take a breather for a bit. I am planning to watch the football games today - guilt free!

A special thanks goes to everyone who helped us with this huge project. I don't have any pictures of several people. Roger Ouverson who helped me with the framing. Tom Jedlicka helped with the electrical work and some of the mechanical as well. DJ Wacker did all the plumbing and also cut the heat vents in to the plenum. Rob Borkgren consulted on some of the framing issues. Jerry Jordan installed the carpet.

I want to give a shout out to Larry Smith. He spent countless hours helping me and without him I doubt I would have ever been able to finish it. Thank you so much Larry! Tye out.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Congratulations! It is great to see that you are finished. I am very proud of you. Enjoy some much needed rest! Joe

Brett Mason said...

Hey Tye & Judy - this is really nice, you guys did it! Andrew must love it...

YIC,
Brett