Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sanctity of Human Life Sunday

This past Sunday was "Sanctity of Human Life" Sunday. Sanctity of Human Life Sunday is held on the closest Sunday to the anniversary of the Jan. 22, 1973 decision by the U.S. Supreme Court to legalize abortion in the Roe v. Wade case.

Our Senior Pastor, Bob Westfall, gave one of the best talks I have ever heard on the subject. Click here to listen online. He spoke on the biblical and medical reasons for being pro-life as well as offering alternatives to abortion for women who are dealing with unplanned or unwanted pregnancies. Bob referenced a Abortion Facts dot com that has a lot of good information.

You see, as followers of Christ we believe that the Bible clearly teaches that the taking of human life, which begins at conception, is wrong. But we also want to love those who have had an abortion and give them a safe place to find the healing they need.

There are two victims in an abortion: the baby and the mother. As believers we must demonstrate the love of Christ by providing non-judgmental love and care for women who have had an abortion.

If you are contemplating an abortion I encourage you to contact a Crisis Pregnancy center to discuss potential alternatives to having an abortion. Tye out.

Certainly you made my mind and heart; you wove me together in my mother’s womb. I will give you thanks because your deeds are awesome and amazing. You knew me thoroughly; my bones were not hidden from you, when I was made in secret and sewed together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw me when I was inside the womb. All the days ordained for me were recorded in your scroll before one of them came into existence. Psalm 139:13-16 NET Bible

No comments: