Thursday, January 03, 2008

Read through the Bible in 2008

Well, I have never ever read through the Bible three times in a year, but I did this year. Actually, it was a little over 13 months. I finished The NET Bible (New English Translation) yesterday and started reading The Message this morning. I hope to finish it in around 4-5 months and then I'll probably read the NET Bible again but at a slower pace.

I use www.biblereadthrough.com to keep track of how I am doing. It allows you to customize a reading plan and even select a choice of Bible to link to when you are reading. I do not particularly care to read the Bible on my computer screen so I only use the website for tracking purposes.

There are many other sites out there. Just Google "bible read through."

The most important thing is that you develop the habit of reading God's word on a daily basis. "A verse a day beats a blank!"

Let me know how it goes. Tye out.

God means what he says. What he says goes. His powerful Word is sharp as a surgeon's scalpel, cutting through everything, whether doubt or defense, laying us open to listen and obey. Nothing and no one is impervious to God's Word. We can't get away from it—no matter what. Hebrews 4:12-13 The Message

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tye,
I'd like your opnion on this website! www.oneyearbibleblog.com
Thanks,
Gina