Tuesday, June 24, 2008

CR Flood 2008 update #7














You've probably been wondering where I've been in the last week. Well, we've been real busy. I now have over 80 hours in this past week and will probably come close to the same this week.

My office is covered with post it poster paper and updates from our families that were affected by the flood. We have tried to figure out how to coordinate the needs of our community with the volunteers who want to serve. We went through about 4 revisions and now it has changed again.

We have learned that in a disaster scenario things change and change and change. There is no book written to guide you through something this difficult.

Today we experienced another change and more transitions. I don't think I have done this much strategic thinking in my entire life.

Please say a prayer for the families and businesses that have been affected. Pray for the relief agencies: Red Cross, Salvation Army, United Way, FEMA, Corridor Recovery dot org, Serve the City, and the many other agencies that have come to the aid of our city. Tye out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where did you find the photo of the A&W??? I've searched high and low for one - lots of memories for our family from that place. So sad...