Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I finally got a car!

Last month I finally gave my sister in law the car she loaned us because I couldn't afford to drive it any more. I don't think I've ever sunk over $4k into a car inside of 2.5 years before, unless it was one I was making payments on and it would eventually be mine. (I hope I can get over this soon!) But shelling out that kind of dough for a "loaner" is a drag.

I had $2500 to spend on a car and I was able to find a 2001 Honda Civic for exactly that amount. It is a beat up, high mileage, smelly car with dings, dents, and a loose fender, but it's engine and powertrain purr like a kitten. It drives great and the sunroof works, for now. (The Volvo's broke a month after I got it - $900, but we opted for the $300 version that just sealed it shut.)

The best part is that because it is beat up few people would want it, but since I don't believe that my car defines me as a man, I can drive it and enjoy it. Besides, how can a car be "sexy"? That's weird.

I'm so thankful to finally have a car to drive. Tye out.

1 comment:

Ken Wise said...

You think you've got it bad. I own three minivans. Talk about "sexy."