Saturday, November 15, 2008

Arrived back in Singapore at 12 PM today










Delivering Goods

It felt good to put our feet back on Singaporean soil after a 7 day absence. I loved being in the country and learning about the culture there, 8-10 million motor scooters in the city alone. I'm tired and heading for a nap. Here are some quick bullet points:

  • Chopstick technique is improving.
  • Riding in a taxi cab everywhere - we flagged down three or four with one wave of the hand this morning.
  • Cu chi Tunnels - I have a new-found respect for our soldiers who served there. Thanks Earl, Michael, Richard, James and hundreds of thousands of men and women who fought in the country.
  • American food, local food, Italian food within a couple hundred feet of our hotel.
  • People there are friendly and typically helpful.
  • Petite females dressed in business suits riding their motor scooters to work.
  • Motor scooters everywhere. I'm not exaggerating!
  • Did I mention chopsticks?
  • Buying a camera to replace the one I lost in the cab.
  • 1.5 hour cab ride due to flooding that should have been 25-30 minutes.
  • Driving on the right (not left) side of the road, but sometimes in the midde sometimes on the left side against traffic.
  • Man, do I miss seeing blonde hair! Which makes me think of...
  • I really miss my wife and children - I love you!
That's it. Nap time and tonight I will be preparing to address Rick's organization tomorrow and have some interactions with them. Tye out.

No comments: