Thursday, November 27, 2008

I'm thankful

Today I wanted to take some time to reflect on the things I am thankful for, and I have a lot! God has been so faithful to me and my family. The past few years have definitely put our faith to the test and for the most part I think I can say that we have grown through it.

"What doesn't destroy you will only make you stronger."

I would add "if you allow it to make you stronger" to the above statement.

So, here goes my list, in bullet points as usual:

  • Thankful for my salvation in Christ
  • For my wife of 23+ years and that she is able to pursue her dreams
  • My four incredible kids and a future daughter-in-law, Erica.
  • New Covenant Bible Church - I love serving there!
  • The incredible bounty we enjoy: house, cars, hobbies, lots of extras. I think we could do with A LOT less.
  • Opportunities to play jazz music in the community (Iowa Vanguard Jazz Collective, CR Jazz, others)
  • NCBC - opportunity to lead men's ministries and small groups. Can it get any better than this!
  • Health
  • Food on the table
  • Good neighbors
  • A hope and a future
That's about it for now. I hope this Thanksgiving 2008 offers you the opportunity to reflect on God's goodness and faithfulness in your life. Tye out.

...give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 NIV

No comments: