Friday, November 21, 2008

Yes, I have arrived back in the USA!

After a very fruitful week in SE Asia, I finally returned to the USA on Monday afternoon at 2:30 PM right on time, with my luggage. Incredible! Judy, Andrew and Mackenzie were there to welcome me home. Kim Pagel, Dave Kvindlog, and Tim Glass showed up as well and it felt good to be back on home soil.

On Sunday prior to leaving I had the opportunity to speak at Crossroads International Church, the church Rick Griffith founded just two years ago. I shared a message about servant leadership based on the model of Jesus. I met many new friends there and had an awesome time meeting so many people from different countries. I met Shannon Sandquist who is from Cedar Falls, Iowa and knows a few people I know at NCBC.

Can I tell you about the flights? I woke up at 3 AM Monday morning and caught a taxi at 3:30 arriving at the Singapore airport around 4 AM. Singaporeans pride themselves on efficiency and let me tell you they were efficient AND friendly. I can't say the same for Northwest Airlines when I arrived in Minneapolis. The signs were confusing and the attendants were rude. Welcome back to the States!

The jet lag has been really tough this week, just like everyone warned. It has been a very busy week with meetings every night except Thursday. I am hoping that by the weekend I will be back on schedule. Tye out.

No comments: