Sunday, December 14, 2008

Pizza delivery man robbed at gunpoint - this happened to me 18 years ago

On November 1, 1990 I was delivering pizzas in Chattanooga, TN when I was held up at gunpoint. What the two men did after this was life-changing to say the least. The two thugs put me in my own car in the backseat and then they jumped in the front seat and off we went for a wild ride.

Needless to say, they eventually let me go unharmed.

When I saw this article today it made me think of that day.

MIRAMAR, Fla. – Police say a pizza delivery man fought back with the one weapon he had handy when a gun was pulled on him in a stickup: A large, hot pepperoni pizza.

Delivery man Eric Lopez Devictoria, 40, flung the steaming pie at the gunman, buying time as he ran for safety, police said.

At least one shot was fired as Devictoria fled, but the deliveryman wasn't hurt and was able to quickly call police, according to authorities.

Click here to read the rest of the story.

No comments: