Thursday, December 04, 2008

How to pray for yourself as a husband









I follow a prayer outline from Family Life Publishing for my wife and it concludes with a simple prayer for me as her husband. Perhaps you would like to say this prayer along with me today:

Father in heaven. help me to be the man my wife needs me to be today. I know that I cannot meet her every need - only you can do that - but help me to always be caring and attentice toward her. Help me to be sensitive to her concerns and to provide for her as I ought. Enable me to listen to what she says, and to always be courteous and thoughtful toward her and encouraging to her in all her efforts. Help me always to be alert to her and defend her against harm or insult. Please give me the will and energy to share my heart and my thoughts with her, and to tell her the things that seem obvious and self-evident to me but may not be clear to her at all - help me to be kind, appreciative, and fun to live with. Amen. (Excerpt from How a Man Prays for his Family by John Yates.)

No comments: