Monday, April 23, 2007

Christian McBride - your humility is cool man!















Christian McBride performs with the CR Jazz Band

Our big band (CR Jazz) had the awesome privilege of playing with bassist Christian McBride. He was fun to hang out with and talk jazz with. He was fun to be around and exuded humility. And you all know that I love to talk about humble, servant leaders. Check out this cut and paste from Christian's blog My Thang as he defers the credit for an upcoming album release to the other guys in the quartet:

New York Time Posted on 4/17/2007at 4:57 AM
Last September, a CD featuring myself, Javon Jackson, Cedar Walton, and Jimmy Cobb entitled "New York Time" was released on Chesky Records. I've gotten a number of e-mails congratulating me on "my latest CD". "I" even got a five-star review in BBC music magazine with a big half-size photo and everything. But I must tell you, this in no way, shape, or form is my CD. It was my understanding that this was to be a co-op CD that was centered around Mr. Jimmy Cobb, as there was another CD recorded the day before "New York Time" with Mr. Cobb, myself, and Hank Jones entitled "West of 5th." As you can see, my name is listed first on the CD jacket insinuating that it just might very well be my CD. I wish I could take credit for putting together a band like this, but I can't. So, the next time you see Jimmy Cobb, give him some extra dap! HE'S the man on this CD! (written by Christian McBride on his blog)

It is so refreshing to meet people who are humble, yet great. Thanks Christian for blessing us with your musical talent, and your humble ways! Tye out.

1 comment:

Professor Howdy said...

Hope you are having a great week. What did you preach about yesterday???