Thursday, April 19, 2007

Yogi Berra and Christianity










I read a quote by Yogi Berra the other day that really amused me.

If people don't want to come to the ballpark, how are we going to stop them? Yogi Berra

This got me to thinking about the implications this may have on church life and Christianity in general. Check it out.

If people don't want to come to church, how are going to stop them? I can think of several ways we can stop people from wanting to come to church! Here are a few:
  1. Live like the devil through the week, and clean up on Sunday (that's hypocrisy)
  2. Refuse to "love your neighbor as yourself"
  3. Live in isolation of your community ("those sinners!")
  4. Talk negatively about your church
  5. Have a holier-than-thou mentality (they'll spot that one a mile away!)

I want to do everything in my power to love on people, serve them, help them when they need help, and share the gospel and if necessary use words. Tye out.

No comments: