Monday, October 01, 2007

The bedroom window is in!!!! Yeah!!!!

Ace Concrete Cutting came over around 12:45 PM today and commenced cutting the concrete on our foundation. The cut was only 8 inches down and 47 inches across. You can click on the pic for a slide show of the whole ordeal, I mean project.

Once he finished the cutting, he told me I would need 2x8 framing, not the 2x4 I had planned so it was off to Home Depot for some lumber.

3:30 PM - I started the framing process. I wasn't exactly sure what to do so it took me a while to figure it out. I finished framing it in, screwed the frame in to the opening, and then set the window in place. Whew!

Today is a big day. Today marks the end of a long process of debating about what to do with that window opening. I'm glad it is over, but it has taught me something. First of all, I can do it given enough time. Second, you have to have the right tools. Ted had the right tools - that saw went right through the concrete. Lastly, you have to budget more time than you think because you never know what you will run into. I missed teaching a lesson at 5 PM, big band rehearsal at the church at 6 PM, and CR Jazz at 7 PM. I finished around 8 PM. Tye out.

1 comment:

Robin said...

wow! i can see where that would take while. but it was all worth the sweet smiles of andrew and judy. another project bites the dust.