Sunday, December 31, 2006

The book that can change your life - Part1

Whew, I'm pooped! I did the talk in all four services at our church today and man I'm wiped out. It was a good day and it never ceases to amaze me that people actually listen to what I have to say and they say they even like it.

I spoke about how the Bible is an amazing book that can change our lives. I gave lots of facts and statistics to demonstrate why this book is so amazing. I then wrapped the talk up with some very practical tips on how to get into the Bible in 2007.

So, how about you? Have you developed the habit of reading the Bible on a regular basis? If not, why not start right now? Start with the book of John. Or, start with Philippians or Colossians. Read a verse a day, chapter a day, but start reading something. Tye out.

For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Hebrews 4:12 NIV

No comments: