Wednesday, December 06, 2006

My Self Appraisal

At New Covenant, our equipping staff does year end reviews like everyone else on the planet, but with the exception that we do a self evaluation. This review typically takes around 3-4 hours to prepare and forces me to think critically about the year that has passed and how I have or have not reached the goals that I set last year this time. Then, we set goals for the ministries we oversee, our personal ministry, and our personal personal lives as well. It's a cool process and I really enjoy going through it. It also helps me to set goals for the coming year. For example:

Goal/outcome

Pray more/I created a prayer list and have been praying strategically.

Read more leadership materials/I read 19 books including the Bible twice

Exercise and eat more healthy/I did somewhat better, but there IS room for improvement

Improve my leadership skills through conferences/I attended three small group conferences as well as Willow Creek's Leadership Summit.

Then, my supervisor, Kim Pagel, who is the executive pastor, and I get together and I lead us through the appraisal. It is a very productive time of reviewing the year and Kim is so encouraging. So, we headed up to Java Creek to go over the appraisal.

It is such a joy to work in an environment where I am able to use the gifts and talents God has given me. Thanks Kim for your support, encouragement, and guidance through this year of transition! Thanks for modeling servant leadership and giving me the room to grow in my skills. Tye out.

No comments: