Sunday, June 10, 2007

Paris Hilton

Have you had enough of Paris Hilton yet? I've been following this story of Ms. Hilton's sentence of 45 days in jail for driving on a suspended license. The heiress to the Hilton estate began her 45 day sentence almost like everyone else, with the exception that for her mug shot she was permitted to leave her hair tied up. Then, she had a private cell to protect her other inmates - this is the same treatment for police and other people who could be harmed. I have no issue with this. Click here to read the latest story. (or just Google Paris Hilton)

Three days into her imprisonment her psychologist/physician succeeded in getting her moved to house arrest after onlyh three days probably because she was suffering physically - a, duh, that's sort how it works. You do something bad, then you feel bad, then you associate pain with doing bad things and voila! you don't do bad things any more. The judge ordered out of house arrest and back to jail.

As a side note, she did not eat or drink for three days because apparently she didn't want to use the comode (there is no privacy) and feared that a guard would snap a photo with a camera/phone. Since when did Paris get all modest? (just Google for a pic of her and then close your eyes!) Rant over. : )

I have to applaud Ms. Hilton. She could have bought her way into a nicer situation but chose rather to do her time like anyone else; in a 8 foot by something cell with a concrete floor where she stays 23 hours a day except for for one hour a day for exercise.

I'm confused by all this though. If I had a gazillion dollars would I act like an idiot and do stupid things like drive on a suspended license when I could afford a 24 hour a day chauffeur? I sure hope not. Give me a gazillion bucks and I'll spend the rest of my life leveraging my wealth to multiply my influence and then strategically attempt to give nearly all of it away to make a positive impact in the world. I hope. Tye out.

When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes honor. Proverbs 11.2 The Net Bible

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have sympathy for Paris, she has been on my mind a lot. I don't think she was prepared for "the real world" by her parents, or learned how to prepare for adulthood living their lifestyle. She has been raised as though she is above the law, and she is surrounded by people who constantly build her up and tell her what she wants to hear. This situation has got to be a shock to her system. I am not saying that she shouldn't do her time and take responsibility for her actions...she has a lot of young girls who idolize her. I hope that Christians are praying for her as she sits alone in that cell with her Bible (I read that she is reading the Bible during this time), and Lord willing, she will experience a transformation beyond our imaginations. What a testimony that would be!